Saturday, March 6, 2010

For Matt : Outside the Box





So, my first post isn't my own stuff. It's Matt's! He sent me some images and a slightly drunk explanation (love ya, Matt):

"Here are a few graphics I made to express how we need to redefine the values we have today. Don't think outside the box, destory the box and rebuild it. The other idea is that whatever we call "simple" is always more complicated than we think. I also have some coffee cups intervented by architecture. I am a little drunk so if you need an artist statement let me know. "

3 comments:

  1. "Destroy the box and rebuild it" made me think of this piece:

    http://th02.deviantart.net/fs32/300W/i/2008/197/c/0/The_Piano_Tree_2_by_SessaT.jpg

    Which is a piano built around a tree. Created to look like it was destroyed.

    Your work is beautiful, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tea (nice to meet you digitally), I enjoyed the tree through the piano. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Matt. I really like these images, especially the third and fourth. I feel that these best show the idea of something simple being more complex than it appears. The one place I have trouble is with your artist's statement - when I hear a phrase as worn as "thinking outside the box" it's hard for me to stay interested. I feel like the phrase doesn't do justice to your work.

    (Nice to e-meet you, by the way! Lauren's told me a lot about you.)

    ReplyDelete