Sunday, March 7, 2010

Magnum Opus of Awkwardness and Sadness

These are the development and completion of a fractal flower. Now that I have this iteration of the flower I can fold it one more time and have two versions of it. I don't know if I could physically draw a third fold at this scale.







Directly underneath is a drawing I did at a party last weekend. I liked it enough to continue working on it. The drawing below that is after working on correcting some of the mistakes on her face (I drew it a couple more times but they're not shown here). Her face still needs a little more work. When I have everything that I want in place I am going to enlarge it at kinkos and draw it from the larger version using ink and small water colour brushes. Her hair is going to be made of an ink wash.







Directly above are plans for the final version of the flower which will go around her head. The large circular pattern will be made more even and the line weights adjusted. Each of the circles inside of the radial flower will be filled with a fractal flower.

This is what I've been working on for the past week. (Although I drew the fractal flower a while ago so that doesn't count.) I think I need to learn how to write about these things in an exciting manner.

4 comments:

  1. I love the layout for the girl. I would like to see another update as you begin working on her hair,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I definitely want to see more her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the removal of the septum ring, and the markings on her chest. This is going in a really great direction and I look forward to seeing its completion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the composition and graphic elements. The girl has a dynamic look. That reduced realism and almost comic book like illustrative style is always interesting to play with.

    ReplyDelete